Powered by Blogger.

3 Diet Tips That Helped Me Lose Weight

by - March 18, 2017



So for the past 3 and a half months I've been on a diet. I hit my highest weight ever -- 126 pounds. This may not sound like a lot for some, but I'm only 5 feet tall so this weight gain was super obvious. Not only did I look bad, but I felt pretty horrible too. I was eating junk from vending machines on campus and wasn't getting too much sleep. As soon as I stepped on the scale and saw it read '126' I knew I needed to make a change.

Now, I'm down to 111 pounds, with my goal weight being 100. I'm feeling really great at my current weight and I want to share my progress in a quick post that might end up helping you lose weight!

Here are my old measurements:

B: 92cm/ 36 inW: 73cm/ 29 inH: 90 cm/ 35 in


These are my new measurements:

B: 90cm/ 35 inW: 66cm/ 26 inH: 81cm/ 32 in


Here are 3 tips to keep in mind when losing weight!

1. Track everything you eat
This one is a lot of work, I'll admit it upfront. However, this is the thing that's really kept me on track with my diet and has benefitted me so much. This is well worth the 10 seconds it takes out of your day to input your meals. I use the app MyFitnessPal to track everything I eat. 

I set a weight goal for myself and the app calculates how much you should eat in a day, and how much protein, fats and carbs you should be eating. My macros are never perfect, but I do my best to leave myself 100 calories or so at the end of each day. The app has an option to track your progress, and it's really motivating to see how far I've come!


An example of my macros


A regular day for me

My progress!



2. Drink lots of water
I didn't drink much water before I started my weight loss journey. Now, I drink about 4-6 cups a day. I tend to drink 2 cups between meals, and sometimes more later at night. If you're doing homework: drink water. Bored? Drink water. Thirsty? Well, you get it. Just drink more water. You'll be running to the bathroom a little more frequently but your body will thank you for it.


You can track your water using the app!


3. Try to exercise (in any way!) for 20 minutes a day
This sounds like a lot of work, but a lot of things count as exercise in my book. A 20 minute walk to classes or to run errands is exercise. You should be doing 20 minutes of physical activity everyday, and if you're someone who goes to this gym this should be really easy to accomplish. 


With these 3 tips I guarantee you will lose weight. 



I really recommend using MyFitnessPal and tracking what you eat. 

Once I wrote down the things I ate, I found myself staying away from sugary cereals, candies and treats. I was shocked to learn 2 peanut butter cups were about 200 calories! Being aware of what's in my food and how it benefits my body helps me make more informed decisions. Also, it deters me from making impulse decisions about food I may come to regret later. 

A cupcake looks really great at first, but I know I won't like what I see when I put it in my food tracker, so I avoid it altogether.

I've been tracking my food for 110 days straight and I have no plans to stop!

I hope these tips helped you! Thanks for reading!

You May Also Like

0 comments